Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Brother and a Light Box


Now I am pretty excited about two things. Obviously my new sewing machine, which I love love love. Thought I would give a little review as when I tried to find some on the net there wasn't many.

So the sewing machine is a NX400, and first off, great price at $750, I went to a place called Echidna sewing supplies in Brisbane and they gave me a trade in on my old clunker, very handy not many sewing shops do that, and so I got it for $650. It was on special from $1000. So that is brilliant. 


Then there is the fact that it is so easy to use, just turn it on and the screen shows you what stitch you are on and you can just change the width with a press of a button. There is even a button with a question mark on it, press this  and that has a manual built into the machine :) shows you how to get around the machine. I can save my stitches and load up multiple stitches for embroidery, which I thought was cool since it isn't a specific embroidery machine. 

What I also like is that it is quiet :) nice. And it sews so smoothly. I know that in about 4 years time I will wish this was still true hehehe but right now it is smooth. So far, I am very happy with it. 

Now onto  another thing, my desk is glass and my latest idea needed some tracing onto fabric. I drew it onto butcher paper and I wanted to have it transfered onto the fabric. I usually stick the design on the window and stand for ages tracing it onto fabric that way. So then now that my desk has moved and there is more light ( don't ask me why I didn't think of this earlier)  I came up with a great idea, why don't I put my lamp under the desk and tape the image and the fabric to the desk and trace!! well of course it worked :) duh :)

(Sanctuary on my ipad there :)




So quick too and I could leave it there and come back, because of course as soon as I sit down someone needs something or fights :) I wonder if I stood up would they bother me??
Jane

1 comment:

  1. Jane your sewing machine sounds fantastic. You've waited so long to get a new machine. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete